Monday 27 June 2011


This is what I like to term "My Spot". This place has a way of restoring my body and soul.
This place does not belong to me and is one of the many lovely restful places so close to us all here in the harbour.
Lately I have taken to the outdoors as a way of renewing my faith in Mother Nature like many of you who will have been thrown off balance by the quake.
She is no disappointment. Far from it.
In a few minutes I walk down to where there is no traffic, no buildings or walls, just the sweet smell of Winter closing in and the glorious expanse of still waters and statuesque hills.
It never ceases to amaze me with it's infinite beauty and life giving abundance, how the renewing vibrations seep into me every time.
I give thanks for being so lucky to live here and to be able to enjoy and appreciate Mother Nature's Gifts.
How lucky are we really?

Have pride in where you live and enjoy it.
It only takes a few minutes and you can be walking around the hillside through a wooded track.
Or listening to the gentle lapping of the water on the beach while the early winter sun glistens and sparkles it's reflections.
Take time to lose your thoughts , meditate or reflect while enjoying Nature's gifts.
Use this time to regain some faith in Mother Nature and gain perspective.
Gather your strength from the resilience of Nature.

written by Camille O'Donoghue

No comments:

Post a Comment